Would you Accept or Decline this offer?

Would you Accept or Decline this offer?

Japan: Travel Through Time Chase Name: Nihonbashi #2617 card < Theirs
1,2,3 and More Chase Name: ? #3 card < Mine

I decline it but the person question it because theirs is from a limited series and mine is from an unlimited. I know it really up to each person but in general what is the correct answer here?

I think, there is no correct answer. It depends on how much you desire to get the card, that they offer you and how much you value the ‚print‘ number of a given card. I personally would value a chase card with the print number #3 as high value, because it‘s a chase card.

Generally any card with a print number from 1 - 10 is considered to have more value than those with a much higher print number (though there are collectors, who don‘t care at all for the print number of any card).

Regarding your question: If someone offered me that trade and I wasn‘t that interested in their card, then I would decline. They would have to offer me a card, that I really crave to get, for me to consider that trade offer. If that trader had previously offered me a great trade, that was imbalanced to my favour, then that would also increase my willingness to accept that offer. But most likely I would try to find another trader to get the card on offer or try to find another card for this trader. I hope, this helps.

But unlimited series are limited in time.
And I don’t see why you declined the offer.

I personally try not to mix limited and unlimited series when making a trade, but I don’t look much at series type for incoming trades. I more look at relative valueness of cards: there are only 2 chases in the 1,2,3 and More while Japan: Travel Through Time has 36 chases - you need much more time (and maybe carats/credits) to gather them all and thus these chases are more valuable.
Print numbers - it doesn’t matter for me.

But, of course, you can decline offers of cards you don’t need/want. You don’t have to accept any fair trade. And you can reply that you are just not interested in this card.

1 Like

The second series here is an amateur release … 1,2,3 and More … this is not the same as a pro unlimited release.

1 Like