What Tools/Applications Do You Use For Creating Cards?

(Cutthroat) #1

Hello there! I want to create my own series but unfortunately, I don’t know how to make digital art. Can you help me?

(Dorothee Rudolph) #2

It depends on which kind of digital art you would like to create and what kind of computer system you have.

For Windows and Mac there are of course the full-blown programs by Adobe, mainly Photoshop for pixel art (suitable for illustrations and pixel art with many shades of colours) and Illustrator for vector art (like logos and other designs, that people want to increase seamlessly in size).

But there are also freeware alternatives: well-known are Gimp (Photoshop replacement) and Inkscape (illustrator replacement). If you have an iPad, I like the painting app Procreate for that (it did cost about 5 Euros one time). For the iPad and Android tablets, Adobe has also launched free apps like Adobe Sketch and Adobe Draw. There are also more freeware painting programs and some less expensive ones (compared to the full Adobe software) available for Windows and Mac.

(Cutthroat) #3

Thank you very much! :smile:

(Bowsercookies) #4

mediabang paint pro is also great. and its free. utterly free. its mostly a art program yes.

(Kanarenplastique) #5

I use Illustrator and Photoshop, but I’m not doing real art ^^

(Arcanamoon) #6

I like PixlrEditor which is sort of slight downgrade of Photoshop, but it’s free! I also like using the DeepDreamGenerator when I want to give something a really special added touch!

(Dr Lavacookies) #7

i use piksel.com to create pixel art but if you set the grid to a realy
high number you just have a crappy drawing tool

(GreenSpleen) #8

Just my opinion, but Adobe could be your best friend in the field of art. Anything Adobe, be it Photoshop or Illustrator. They aren’t famous for nothing :slight_smile: I use these programs and it is worth while!

Good luck!

(Mckayrulez) #9

I use GIMP 2. Good for masking and layers.