Web / iOS Update Launching 7/23 - 7/25

(Joe @ NeonMob) #1

Look for a big update coming to NeonMob early next week, sometime between Monday 7/23 & Wednesday 7/25. This update will include:

• Points when achieving series milestones
  • Series ratings indicating difficulty in completing a series
  • Aspect ratio constraints for card images (1:1 minimum; 3:2 maximum)
  • Various bug fixes

Series difficulty rating, series completion milestones, and points awarded are based on the core series only.

@neonshawn will be able to provide any additional details as the dev team gets closer to publishing this latest update. Thanks for your feedback in making NeonMob better!

Joe @ NeonMob

(Joe @ NeonMob) #2

This update is now live and you should see the changes reflected on both web and iOS. Let us know what you think! - Joe @ NeonMob

(Peopleschampion) #3

I’m guessing the difficulty levels are assigned with the odds of current sets and not case by case, I saw a couple of older sets with hard to get ERs labeled as “piece of cake” or “Begginer”. I don’t mind much since we get free points with each milestone either way. Which category is the upper level? is it “Formidable”?

(Joe @ NeonMob) #4

We will be updating the difficulty levels to something much easier to discern later today, Friday 7/27. The updated difficulty levels will be very easy to extremely hard. I will also create a FAQ by early next week. Thanks! - Joe @ NeonMob

(Iboo) #5

This update has been really great, I like the idea of the difficulty ratings and the points awarded based on series completion!
Also, the ability to use more than one of the toggles when looking for trading partners is so much more useful!

A couple of things I have noticed though since the update:

• It made it so that you can’t see what cards you have wishlisted when you look at ‘Your cards’ for each series, unless you scroll over each card to see if the symbol is yellow, it used to be constantly visible, which makes it a little bit more difficult when adding unowned cards from a set to wishlist than it was before.
  • (I realised the multiple toggles wasn’t in the list of things updated, so I’m not sure if this is a trial type thing.)The way that using multiple toggles prioritises cards could still be improved - if I sort so that I can see duplicates at the top and then series completion to show the lowest to the top, it will prioritise the number of duplicates people have and sort the rest accordingly. (e.g. people with 15-10 duplicates who may all have 100% completion, then people with 9- duplicates, the top of whom may have less than 100% completion but was still further down on the list due to not having the most duplicates). Which is not really the most helpful for trading, you want generally anyone with at least one duplicate who has the least series completion, as they are less likely to have the card you want to trade with them already.