Want a better NeonMob? Tell us how!

Speaking of those emails, why do they have to be enabled? The link to the page that says why they have to be enabled seems to have broke.

this is actually because they want the trading system to work efficiently for everyone - they want you to be aware when you have trades proposed and hopefully make it more efficient for everyone. not everyone has the app on their phone to get notifications.

1 Like

Yeah, but some people don’t want to get the emails, why should they be forced to? If they want to look at their trades, just go to neonmob.com when they need to open packs. And is there really that much of a rush for trades in such a slow paced game?

2 Likes

Btw, an email about new trade is sent even when you already accepted/declined the trade which is absolutely unnecessary.

2 Likes

Can we have an option to filter sort your cards to show which cards you have the most of? It would help me with discarding cards I have way too many of. On a slightly different note, I can’t find a page to see all your/someone else’s owned cards in one place. I know that there’s too many cards for looking at everything at once to be useful but I just want it to be able to press a lot of buttons to filter to something I want to find. There are already tags for packs such as cute, photography, popular series, amateur, sci-fi. If I was able to filter what other people had, I’d be able to easily find cards which I like even if they aren’t in series which I’m specifically collecting and which cards a certain collector or friend has so many that they’d probably be willing to part with one of.

1 Like

I’ve been sitting on these ideas for awhile, might as well bring them up.

• Ability to update showcase

• When looking for people to trade with, you can sort people by their completion of the series. Currently this sorting only takes into account core cards and doesn’t sort people by special card completion as well.

• The number of pending trades you can have is currently capped at 50, and I occasionally hit this limit. I’d like to see it raised just a bit.

• I’d like to see some sort of statistics about the popularity of a series. Things like how many people are collecting this series? How does it stack against other series? Maybe a popularity leaderboard for series or something similar?

• Some ranking that shows all of the profile levels + colors. Maybe an “XP bar” or something? When I see the diamonds and colors on peoples profiles I have no clue what level that might be. Some sort of chart would be useful in figuring out the leveling system on this site.

• Personal statistics on your trading history/carat count/# cards etc… I’d like to see how much I’ve traded over the months and how my card count, number of trades, and carats rose and fell.

• Trader grade is totally broken. There are tons of people with A+ ratings that haven’t been on in months, even years! Trader grade should degrade the longer you’re off the site, even if you don’t receive trades. A+ grade should be reserved for people who respond super fast and are always on, but it seems that almost anyone whose mildly active can achieve it. It should be based on response time.

• A trade filter to get rid of cards from completed sets. I hardly trade cards from completed sets so a filter for this would be nice. A similar filter for OoP sets would be nice as well.

• A button to add all unowned cards from a series to your wishlist (so you don’t need to go through manually and wishlist each card of some series you want to collect)

• The carats you get from completing special series isn’t proportional to the work at all. There are series that are nearly impossible to complete in the special series, and wayyyy more carats for special completion seems to make more sense.

• I’d like a way to see all my #1, #2, #3 cards. I know I have some, but currently there’s no way of finding them.

• I constantly lose track if I have a trade with a card offered or I have an active trade asking for a card. We need some icon that let’s you know that you either have a trade active for that card or a trade active asking for that card.

• A trade filter that can adjust how many cards the person has (rather than “multiple” or not). It’s much easier to get a successful trade with someone if you ask for something they have 12 of instead of 2. A method to find these cards easier would be appreciated.

EDIT: Also all the features present in 7nik’s userscript: [Userscript] Trade enhancements

3 Likes

With the idea of a trade filter that can adjust how many cards the person has, it would be good to make the filter “has x or more prints of” so you can see which cards you have more than 5 or more than 10 at a glance

1 Like

Isn’t it the limit of displayed trades?
And why are you rushing?

Yeah, auto-withdraw issue is a problem. But the less you trade the less face it :wink:

Completed by who? You or partner? I don’t see the reason why you need it.
Just use the filters 2+ and card which partner doesn’t have, and, in case of cross-series trade, only shared series.

Filter options for trading should be finally added in app as available on website. That would make the wishlist a usable feature, currently only some collectors use it…

It’s been awhile since I’ve been over 50, but if I remember correctly it autowithdraws your old trades if you have over 50.
But on top of auto-withdrawing there’s the issue of accidentally asking for a card in 2 specific trades and ending up with 2 instead of 1. A feature to tell if you’re asking for a card would help this problem.
This idea came from using your tradescript (which is amazing BTW), I like the “hide series” feature since there are series that take up a ton of space that I know I won’t be trading. I find myself constantly hiding the same (completed) series, so a single button to hide all those cards would speed up trading.

50 trades at same time is crazy :flushed: Its logical that you cannot remember and keep track of them. Must be a high decline rate also…

1 Like

I was also thinking it might work if we got a “sort by highest number of cards” filter. So that if you’re looking at, say, Daydreams series Common cards, you’d have the prints you have like 24 (or any biggest number) of at the top and the prints you have just 1 (or 2 if that filter is active) of at the bottom.

I’m just pointing this out since I’m not sure if custom numbers would be too complicated, and not all people have 5 of anything within a specific series. I’d be happy with either though.

1 Like

I totally agree about the carat reward being to low for special cards milestones. For example, finishing the legendary milestone for Butterflies from Polygonia got me only 20 K carats… that seems way to low regarding the difficulty of the task. I mean I know it’s a reward in itself for doing this but still… it should feel a little more rewarding :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Something I just came across is the fact that (at least on the mobile app) you can still see users who have blocked you in the trade lists. Someone I never talked with blocked me for sending 2 or 3 trades that they didn’t like, which is entirely in their right, but now I keep accidentally selecting them from the trade list (since I never familiarized myself with them, or if I remember I think they might have unblocked me) and I end up planning the whole trade only to find out I’m blocked after I try to send the offer.

So TLDR, how about removing users that have blocked you from the trade list view? Or at least making it so that we get notified of being blocked before we are ready to send the trade offer.

Yup, we are working on this thanks to some user inquiries we have received the past few months. As this isn’t a critical issue, it’s been pushed down the list a little bit but we have it on the board. - Joe @ NeonMob

3 Likes

When I am trying to select another collector or owner to trade, it’s great that we can arrange them by grade, cards and series percentage but we should be able to arrange them also by last time online/active/inactive
Even though we are able to choose the grade, that doesn’t guarantee the player is active. There were some a and b graders that only entering their profile I found out they weren’t active for a few months or years. I waste a lot of time doing this.

That’s a good idea. In the meantime, the userscript created by 7nik lets you see when they were last active once opening up the trade window.

Would be more logical to downgrade trade grade one step after every inactive month. Simply because they are not trading they cannot be “trade grade A+”.Really hate to see A+ collectors who opened last pack two years ago…:angry:

The reason their trader grade doesn’t go down is because they locked/ disabled their trades. Since they are not accepting any they are also not refusing any hence their grade remains the same. At least this is what I think it is happening.

All the traders I have checked to ask for a trade for a specific older card, all were high rated but all were off the game for months and some even years.

To be able to edit my wishlist.

I have cards that I am not interested in getting anymore but I do not remember to which set they belong to.