Trouble with certain parts of the site

(Lazyvinyl) #1

So, ever since last night, I’ve been having trouble with the main NeonMob site. For some reason, I can update all of my card files in my series except for one, but it’s a .png just like all the others. I am still having this issue today. Also, when I try to open card packs, I get stuck on the loading screen. But going from page to page on the site works just fine. I’ve tried logging out and logging back in, using a different Internet connection… Nothing is working.

Is this happening to anyone else? Or is it just me?

(Thetoonwizard) #2

Not just you, I’ve had multiple issues over the last week or two where packs wouldn’t load. This isn’t the only issue I’ve had with packs, as some of my series that I collect say I don’t have any more packs, although none of the packs load. Another issue, albeit more minute is that my notifications page would sometimes turn up blank.

(Peopleschampion) #3

I’m having problems in the main page, I can’t see all my recent opened cards, they won’t load. I asumed was my connection but it isn’t. I also have the same problem with packs but that error has happened before and the cards do show in my collections even when I didn’t saw them.

(A H) #4

Having the same troubles over here too. Also haven’t received my free packs today and I’m worrying about losing my streak.

(Joe @ NeonMob) #5

The team has been notified and is working to address the issue. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding. - Joe @ NeonMob

(Neon22) #6

I’m having same problem for a day now. I switched to Chrome when i could no longer get the site to work in Firefox (before Xmas). But now it won’t work in Chrome either :frowning:

(Johnpgranados) #7

Same here.

(Ruygda) #8

I can’t open packs too.

(Dragonborn ) #9

I’m having the same problem too, whenever I try to open packs I would be stuck on the loading screen…

(Jet Raptor) #10

Has anyone else been having trade problems as well as opening packs problems? I can’t seem to trade anymore. I’ve tried sending a trade 3 times now, and it refuses to show up as a pending trade. Less than 24 hours ago, I could trade no problem.

(Thetoonwizard) #11

Although I haven’t had the exact trading problem as you have, multiple times today after I accepted a trade it would then stay in my feed for hours, and whenever I reloaded the page it would show up as a notification. It eventually does stop, but it is still quite a nuisance. Hopefully all of these issues get resolved soon!

(A H) #12

Site’s back up! Thank you so much!!

(Joe @ NeonMob) #13

It was an issue with a recent Amazon Web Services update that affected multiple businesses including NeonMob. Issue has been resolved and everything should be working normally. Thanks again for your patience as we sorted this out. - Joe @ NeonMob

(Lazyvinyl) #14

Yep, I’m having no issue opening packs! Still can’t update my card file though. Maybe it’s just my connection now…

(Joe @ NeonMob) #15

Meaning you are having trouble viewing your collection? Can you provide more info or a screenshot to help diagnose the problem? - Joe @ NeonMob

(Lazyvinyl) #16

It’s just this single card that I can’t seem to update. All of the others updated just fine.

(Joe @ NeonMob) #17

Email me the name of the image you want to update and the actual file and I will try on my end … - Joe @ NeonMob

(Lazyvinyl) #18

Alright, thank you!

(Lazyvinyl) #19

I know what the problem is, it was the browser I was using! I’ve been using Opera to add/update my cards. I switched to Firefox and had no issues!