See Full Sized & Colored Version of Uncollected Cards

There should be a way to view cards full size and in color even when you haven’t collected them yet.
Sometimes I’m trying to decide which cards to put on my Wishlist and most of the time black + white doesn’t give an accurate enough idea as the actual colored versions, but I have to manually go through for each card and click on a trade with someone who has a copy just to see a tiny little picture of it in color. It can make a big difference what the image conveys, seeing it in color. :rainbow:
So a way from the series page to view what each card looks like in color, full-sized – like it shows up after we have a copy even if we don’t have a copy yet-- would be nice. (:
Just to be clear, I don’t mean replacing the grayscale images of unowned cards with colored. I mean having a way to click on the unowned card and view it in full size and color. Then it goes back to showing as grayscale if it’s not a card we have in our collection.

3 things:

1.) You can do that already. You just have to log out. You can even do it on out of print series.
2.) That defeats the whole purpose of collecting. If we could always at anytime see the card, then why bother going to the trouble of trading for it? Why would any card have value if it was always freely available?
3.) That could ruin the incentive of anyone to pay for cards if you already see the card. Which means you could just save it onto your cp if you wanted.

1 Like

Just use a browser and open the card page in private mode to preview it in colour. No way in iOS app.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There is a way to view the full size card in colour in the app.

Sorry but in iOS app there is no way to view a card in full size at all, not even the ones you own.:wink:

As for your first point, I didn’t realize it was possible to do that. Good to know! :slightly_smiling_face: But, it’s still more trouble to go through than it should be if you ask me.
Added to which, your second and third points are moot because of your first point… I mean you’re saying how horrible it would be to view the cards one doesn’t own in color and that it would ruin people from collecting, and yet you just before say that it was something possible to do. It hasn’t ruined NeonMob yet, has it? :wink:

Ah cool!! Thank you, I hadn’t seen this. I’m not the only one thinking along these lines then! ^^

Just to be clear, I don’t mean replacing the grayscale images of unowned cards with colored. I mean having a way to click on the unowned card and view it in full size and color. Then it goes back to showing as grayscale if it’s not a card we have in our collection.
@mckayrulez

But not many people realize this, and just as you said it’s more trouble than it’s worth. That’s why it hasn’t effected it.

That doesn’t matter. You’re still seeing it in full whenever you want, just as anyone would be if they had it. At that point, who cares if you collected it or not? Because it’s there for you whenever you want it. Incentive matters. @mossonthemoontree Just ignoring that aspect to business doesn’t help the site.