New Submission - Expired Polaroid Photography

(Thesynan) #1

I just wanted to share my new submission idea and see if anyone has energy around the concept. I’m really happy with the way my images are turning out and I wanted to share them with other artists. I thought this might be a cool place to do it!

(Joe @ NeonMob) #2

This is an interesting concept. What is the subject matter mostly? People? Places? Nature? Urban? I want to help as best I can so please give me some more details so I can ensure that your submissions will meet our fair use and copyright guidelines. Thanks! - Joe @ NeonMob

(Thesynan) #3

Thank you for your interest!

The main focus of this project so far has been a combination of mostly candid/portrait photography within the limitations of the expired film. Most of the exposures are corrupt in some manner and develop with a warm orange tone. You’ll see large portions of undeveloped space, sometimes in favor of the subject and sometimes not. linked below is an example of corruption working to my favor.

You won’t find vivid colors or ground breaking visuals, but it’s an interesting experiment with film that shouldn’t even work.

A little side note; Polaroid film like the type I’m using also houses the battery used to operate the camera. This means I could have completely viable film but a dead battery or visa versa, making each pack of film a complete gamble.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can share! I’m not terribly good with words, so hopefully this made some sense haha.

(Joe @ NeonMob) #4

Honestly, sounds pretty cool to me … I’ll make sure to keep an eye on the voting submission to see if the community wants to give it a go :slight_smile: - Joe @ NeonMob