Over the next week, we will be rolling out the beta version of our latest feature on the website: Discarding. Collectors will now be able to trade in unwanted cards or duplicate cards in exchange for a reward. Here’s how the process will work:
1.On the website, roll over any card to bring up the Discard feature. Each card will be assigned a point value, discard enough cards and you will receive a free pack. Click on the DISCARD button on the card you want to trade in for points.
2.Once you have clicked “DISCARD,” you will see a pop-up like the one below. Using the + & - signs, select the number of cards you would like to discard. Once you have selected the number of copies you would like to discard, click on the “YES, DISCARD” button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
3.The “YES, DISCARD” button will bring up this confirmation screen verifying the number of points you will receive. Click “OK” to discard the selected cards for points and remove them permanently from your collection.
4.If you try to discard all the copies you have a card you will receive a warning. You can discard all copies of a card if you would like by selecting “OK” from this screen, but please note that Discarding is permanent and cannot be reversed so be mindful of what you Discard.
5.Once you have completed the Discarding process, you will receive this notification with a progress bar showing how close you are to receiving a free pack. Click the button marked “SOUNDS GOOD” to clear this notification.
That’s it. Reach the stated amount of points and receive a free pack. Just a few more notes to keep in mind when you are Discarding:
• This is the “beta” version of the Discarding feature and is currently only available on the website and not on iOS. We will make adjustments to the feature over the following weeks to refine the user interface, point values, etc. so don’t be alarmed if point or redemption values fluctuate.
• We will add Discarding to iOS once the beta testing and changes have been completed.
• Keep Trading in mind when choosing how many duplicates to Discard. If you are still working on a series, we recommend you keep a certain number of high value or low print number cards to sweeten a deal. To a dedicated collector, a hard to find Common card might be worth more than the Discard points.
• Even if you Discard all copies of a card or an entire series, whatever Milestones you may have gained from those cards will be retained.
• We are releasing Discarding in its beta version to the community because we want your feedback to make it better! Please check the NeonMob website to test the new feature and send us your feedback on how we can improve Discarding: firstname.lastname@example.org
The NeonMob Staff