This is an idea that I have just thought up. Please berate or enjoy this idea.
First, the precedent:
- Every time you discard a card, you are rewarded with points that go towards series-specific packs.
The modifying idea(which, to warn you, due to the lateness of the hour, will not be the first):
- Along with these default points, you would receive universal points; far fewer relative to default points, to the effect that it would take a magnitude of time and effort longer to achieve the points necessary to turn in a universal pack.
- Alternately, instead of recieving additional, separate points, you would simply require a magnitude greater more default points to redeem the universal pack.
- This universal pack, once redeemed, may be put towards any series that is not out of print.
- An alternate idea would be to simply make these your "Premium Pack", which would require the aforementioned exorbitant amount of points to redeem, which could be applied to any series that is not out of print.
- The universal packs would stack and remain in the inventory of the user until their use.
- An idea to discourage the hoarding of universal packs, for whatever reason may justify such a thing, would be to include volatility; the universal packs are good for, say, the arbitrary period of 7 days, at the end of which they will be dissolved, or cancelled without refund, or removed from the account with a penalty to the trader's grade, or seen as a slap in the face of the mysterious man you sold your soul to in order to even afford the pack(this man would, of course, require you to pay money to open common packs, or require a payment to open the site, etc.).
A (stupid) idea I have come to as I read the comments before mine:
The 'Ability to Bring Back a Discarded Card that the Community is Far Better Having than Not' pack.
- It would give you the ability to bring back a discarded card that the community is far better having than not.
- It would cost a great deal of points.
- It would add to an arbitrary but now apparently necessary reputation system that displays a user's quantity of revived cards in bling and style and jazz.
- It would require the user to sacrifice points to generate points in order to bring back cards that they want.
- In order to counteract this demonic logic, an arbitrary but apparently completely necessary reputation system will be required to display the amount of cards that someone has discarded, as a merit badge of how many victims this user has sacrificed to the NeonGods.
I am totally not pulling your leg on the idea of reviving cards, but I continue to entertain that the Universal Packs are a worthwhile consideration. I think that there is likely a solution to the controversy surrounding "lost cards". Mine is clearly not, but maybe my bad ideas shall be the catalyst that produces said solution.