New Creator Features = Even More Options!

(Alex Dayz) #24

Thank you for bringing back variants!!! There’s a lot of old series I collect that had some of these and I’ve always wanted it when creating a series.

(Lonelee) #25

Dont worry too much. Let it happen and then adapt to the changes🙂 You may trade somehing old and rare for such a legendary card😎

(Dualium) #26

On the topic of Legendary cards, I welcome them with open arms.

I am the kind of collector that does not want to collect just the core series of a set, but all the chases (and variants if it’s an older series) too, before I can even think about moving on to another series. I enjoy a fully completed set…

…but I’ve never felt any real reward from completing an unlimited series. When I happen to get a chase card from a pack, I say ‘Yes!’ in excitement, but the excitement only lasts for 5 seconds at the very most. The 1 in 20 chance for chases is somewhat low, but for a ‘rarest available’ kind of rarity, chases feel like they are easily replaceable and not as rare as they should be.

But these new Legendary cards… they may solve this problem. You said it is a 1 in 500 chance to pull them from a pack, right? That is around the perfect chance for a ‘rarest available’ rarity in my opinion. It is seemingly unreachable, but the moment you pull one will create an overwhelming sense of accomplishment, far beyond what a modern day chase would bring to the table.

I’m excited for that, I really am. I’ve read sima.seal4’s points though and I have an idea of how low the number of owners would be. Still, I’m prepared to lose and miss my chance of a Legendary card sometimes, but I’m also prepared to win and finally pull that card after months of determination, and have the rarest card of the series to myself. I own a card almost nobody else does and is even better than all of that set’s chases combined, and I’m certain it would be a golden experience I wouldn’t forget for a long time.

(Sima Seal4) #27

Sorry for necroposting, but is the admin override feature actually going to be used?

What I mean is this:

This series has 14 “Special” cards, 7 variants and 7 chases. That’s as many special cards as Normal cards. Normally I would not have a problem with this series, but then I looked at its out of print date.

February 14?

I feel like 14 special cards in a series for 1.5 months is a little bit much. It could be earned with a LOT of trading, but I mean a LOT. You would have to trade for half the actual special cards.

Maybe I’m overreacting (I have before, a lot) but this seems a little bit much.

I will try to power through, though it probably won’t work.

(Joe @ NeonMob) #28

Yes, I already have the admin override feature, but artists are able to already upload as many chase and variant cards as they want (this is the case with Side by Side). The override feature is more applicable to the core cards and overriding the system formula for how many of each rarity there should be in relation to each other (i.e. how many extremely rare cards should there if there are 10 commons in a series). I can, for instance, change a series so it has the same number of very rares as extremely rares, or i can have a series include no common cards, etc.

The series Side by Side from Surrender Comics has a very short run time because it is one of our special series. All of our special series from Prime to Select, Holiday to Seasonal, all have limited run times. This adds another dimension to the collecting challenge, but this is intentional to increase the value of the cards in the series.

Joe @ NeonMob

(Wyando) #29

This is only if you play just for free cards, but everyone has always the option to buy credits (and hereby to support the artist) to complete such a series - knowing that it is possible at all.

My concerns are rather with those limited cards edition, which are still available to buy (only) but where I cannot be sure at all, that in those remaining packs there still is the one card I need, because those cards are limited in numbers per rarity and no way to see if all cards of that rarity has been already fetched. For sure it is thrilling to get a #2 from such a payed pack, still, I start to wonder to open packs but never get that last card (or cards) I am missing because there isn’t one anymore in those remaining packs. Also the number of “remaining packs” seems never to change. Examples for such series are:

• The blood is life - missing [The Blood is the Life I]
  • Spirit Animal - missing [Ferret Girl]
  • Lowbrow Misfits - 3 cards missing
  • Human Structures - 1 missing
  • Aestatic of Chaos - 1 missing

Trading is mostly not an option, as there are no duplicates or players are not active anymore or only trading in same “level” (which is impossible for newer players). In fact I don’t care much about that, I am willing to spend money in getting those cards, only I would wish there is way we would knew that it is possible that way. Because spending real money for nothing (bc those cards are not anymore in the remaining packs) is somehow frustrating…