I just "burned" 750.000 carats :( - ISSUE RESOLUTION ATTACHED

(Wyando) #1

With the new set of Wallabee coming up and being a wallabee player, I was happy to get the twitter announcement and got in the Neonmob app right away. Buying free packs as usual, I didn’t look really, just tapped the packs where they always are to find since I play neonmob : at the most top left position of the packs offered. Only that this time, the 250K packs were positioned at that spot :confounded: And I thought I just was lucky in getting 2 extra cards and good luck in some cards.

I must say that this was a very mean move to do!

P.S. It was not just only me, my better half on her account fell into the same trap…

3 Likes
(Dorothee Rudolph) #2

Yes, I nearly fell into that trap some minutes ago, when I wanted to open a free pack. Just right before finally tapping that pack tier, I noticed, that something was different and went back to the pack overview. I fully agree, that it‘s not a good move to suddenly switch the location of the free pack tier for this series without a heads-up. :confused:

I‘m sure, that there are many users, who would freely AND KNOWINGLY open that carat pack tier without screwing around with the location of the free pack…

1 Like
(Joe @ NeonMob) #3

Not a trap by any means, we just wanted to put the best available pack in the top position so it would definitely not be missed. We did make the odds in the Presale pack exceptionally good so I hope you grabbed some great cards :slight_smile: - Joe @ NeonMob

(Dorothee Rudolph) #4

The problem is, that sometimes users like me open free packs in some kind of „autopilot“ mode (without paying full attention to the action). Thus users can happen to spend a big heap of carats on this series, while it might not be one of their top favourites and while they might have planned to save those carats for a different series.

I think, a better way would have been not to change the location of the free pack and instead alert the users with the help of the forum and your other social media channels of that rare pack tier for this series. I was notified by email and there was no mention of that exclusive pack tier. It isn‘t mentioned in your Twitter post or in the forum either.

5 Likes
(Wyando) #5

Playing for 10months Neonmob, the packs positions have never changed.
So doing this now “Just” it would not be missed feels heavy like blsht - those players who weigh in such packs, will always look closer. When a series comes out, I always start with the free packs THEN I am looking at what costs other packs can be opened and DECIDE myself if I want to or not. This way it just tries to trick users in their habbits, I am pretty sure, that we are not the only ones.

About grabbing some great cards: My better half may have, but I really don’t feel being that lucky (as I don’t care about numbers at neonmob - caring about numbers is why I play Wallabee…)

4 Likes
(Wyando) #6

Exactly. I am saving most of my carats for Surrender Comics. For what has been announced regarding those upcoming legendary cards. That’s now - let’s say - 700K less on my carats budget (as I spend 10k packs from time to time… on series of Surrender comics).

Of course, as a Wallabee player, I do collect their series, but I rather will spend credits than carats to open packs in regard to get better cards. Carats are not that easy to build up as credits… (Although I do have a credit rule of one credit pack a day and 2 on sundays ;))

3 Likes
(Is Rey Bae) #7

Just lost 500,000 doing the same thing on the tell us a tale series. What a total crock. I would like my carats back. 500,000 carats for an extra 4 cards total??? April Fools was yesterday. I’m Fing pissed.

3 Likes
(JB) #8

Same, I also burned 750K carats too thinking I was opening my freebies. Not too pleased either, I may have done one to test, but certainly not 3!

Using Android I have to visit the site on my browser so it wasn’t immediately obvious these were different packs until I closed the window after three and then saw the open pack button was still blue.

:frowning:

2 Likes
(Peopleschampion) #9

Those packs were used before, but with WAY better odds, I pulled 4 chases in a single pack of Surrender’s Side by Side. I buy one of Wallabee’s and my best card was a VR. I understand the letdown.

(Sima Seal4) #10

I nearly did that. I know this probably wasn’t out of malicious intent, but please think about decisions like that more.

(Sima Seal4) #11

Also, what does the “Limited” thing mean?

(Dorothee Rudolph) #12

‚Limited‘ means, that each card of this series has a predefined number of prints like the old ‚finite‘ series, before NM introduced the time-based new ‚unlimited‘ series. If you look at the cards you‘ve pulled from this series, you can see, that the second field of the print number count isn‘t empty. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
(Shawn) #13

We have temporarily removed the pack tier, as the intended price was 25k, not 250k. The Presale carat pack is intended to be an extremely limited run of packs with great odds - not a carat sink.

Everyone that purchased packs for 250k will be refunded. No need to let us know if you purchased - I can see the purchasers and total carats spent.

For reference, here are the details of the Presale pack tier:

• Limited to 500 packs

• Four packs per day per collector

• Four cards per pack with better odds than Diamond pack

Please reach out here or through NM if you haven’t received your carats in the next 48 hours.

9 Likes
(Sima Seal4) #14

Ok. Lemme just say, A+ play from the mods here. Looking forward to getting my points back. Will we get to keep our cards though?

Edit: : )

(Shawn) #15

Everyone will be able to keep their cards - free of charge.

4 Likes
(Wyando) #16

Indeed a great move from HQ. Thank you (also on behalf of my better half)!

(Childofkarma) #17

Just curious if this is still supposed to be true for the 25k packs because currently they’re only showing 2 cards per pack with the same odds as a regular 10k pack!

Screenshot_20190403-075335_Samsung%20Internet|243x500

1 Like
(Joe @ NeonMob) #18

Yes, the Carat pack is set up correctly for Tell Us A Tale at a cost of 25k carats. This is a Limited Edition series with only 17,000 total packs available so the carat cost is higher than a Sapphire carat pack for unlimited as these Limited Edition cards are much more scarce and therefore more valuable. - Joe @ NeonMob

1 Like
(Shawn) #19

The Presale pack for 25k (not 250k) Carats is available for ‘Tell Us a Tale’. You can claim a max of 4 packs/day. There are only 500 packs total, so get them while you can!

1 Like
(Sima Seal4) #20

Just opened 4 packs and didn’t get a single chase. My bad luck strikes again.

I did get a fair few ER’s though