How many of you actively vote for submissions? (Poll inside, please vote)

(Matej Bystricky) #1

Hi everyone! I’m interested to see how many NeonMob users actively vote for new submissions and the approximate proportion of users who vote vs those who don’t. I know this forum represents just a very small number of the entire user-base, but I’m going to ask anyways.

Do you actively vote for new submissions on the Vote page (by “actively” I mean you check at least once in a while and vote, or don’t vote for every submission up until the last one since your last visit; at least once a month)?
Also if you do not actively vote or you don’t vote at all, I’m interested why. Please cast your vote here (the poll is anonymous):

• I actively vote
  • I occasionally vote
  • I never /very rarely vote - (optional: why don’t you vote?)

0 voters

I’d like to ask as many users to vote, to get better results, so if you can please cast your vote as well. If you don’t vote (for submissions) and don’t want to give a reason, that’s absolutely fine, you can just select that you don’t vote and not write anything.

Thank you!

1 Like
(Sima Seal4) #2

I used to not vote, but now I’ve started looking there often.

Edit: I’m planning to post this link to people on Neonmob in hopes of getting more people to vote. 12 people… is not a very good sample size.

Edit2: I’m a productive person, what are you talking about?

2 Likes
(Peopleschampion) #3

I used to vote everyday and check for new submissions a couple of times a day. I vote now 1-2 times a month. In the old days a set could be submited>approved>published>out of free packs in a matter of days (like THEM) and the fastest you can start, the easiest was to finish. With a 6 month availability period and inifinite dupes, the risk of not finish is minimal. Less with the huge amount of free packs and paid options.

(Varactyls) #4

I have a feeling more people vote than read these forums :slight_smile:

4 Likes
(Mckayrulez) #5

I rarely vote as I only occasionally view the voting page. Most series I would vote for are already in progress, so I don’t really end up ‘voting’ at all. I used to like series more when I first started a couple years ago, but then those series would end up ‘in progress’ still to this day after 2 years in submission, and never actually become a series for whatever reason of the artists. Which is okay, of course, but still kind of a bummer. :frowning:

2 Likes
(Sima Seal4) #6

Yeah, such as “Punny Foods”. It was gonna get a part 3, but it’s been “in progress” for 3 years. Should probably be fixed in some way, like if it’s been in progress for a long time and Neonmob can’t get in contact with the creator, they’ll remove it until the creator says something.

(Astroasis) #7

I wasn’t sure if I should put myself down as actively voting or occasionally voting. I tend to just pop around periodically and vote on whatever submissions I like, but that’s sometimes more active than other times, so… it varies.

(Wyando) #8

Once a week or so I do look up the new submissions.
Of course, I’ll only vote for those of my personal interest (or which looks promising).
Of to the that page now :wink:

Edit: Although I rarely comment those submissions…

1 Like
(Sima Seal4) #9

Yeah, these forums are very dead. Well, not dead, but you know what I mean.

(Matej Bystricky) #10

Wow, thanks! Now I feel like like a lazy person and that I should’ve been doing that :smiley: .

1 Like
(Alex Dayz) #11

The reason I rarely ever vote is because I’m mostly here to collect and trade, and the few I have voted for have been “In Progress” for years. Hack, only recently did one if the submissions I voted for was completed, and I totally forgot I even voted for it, and lost interest in it.

(Magnitude) #12

I have stopped because the only thing that is sure to get approved are scantily clad women. I used to vote heavily to help artists but none of the sets I really wanted got approved. So what’s the point.

(Joe @ NeonMob) #13

I would have to argue that your assessment is not even remotely accurate. Series featuring “scantily clad women” are still very rare on our platform, with $k1n being the only series released like this in many, many months … and this was a Select series anyways, these are all determined by our team prior to voting so are not even applicable to this discussion.

Over 90% of the series that are submitted for pro voting are ultimate approved (it is then on the artist to complete the series to have it move beyond “in-progress”) and a vast majority (99%) of approved series are not “scantily clad women” as you describe. We release ~ 25 - 30 series each month featuring a wide assortment of different art styles and topics, so please don’t reduce our content to only one type of theme that you don’t personally like. Additionally, images shared on social may showcase a “scantily clad woman” from a series but that isn’t necessarily indicative of the entire series; rather, it was the best image from the series overall and we want to present the best work our artists submit to get collectors interested in opening packs.

You mention that “none of the sets I really wanted got approved” … care to provide any examples? As I have mentioned before, over 90% of our pro submissions are approved so for “none” of your most wanted series to reach the community voting threshold for approval seems unlikely. I would be happy to provide reasons for certain series not receiving approval over others, send links to voting submissions in question.

Joe @ NeonMob

3 Likes
(Sherri Keller) #14

Um, citation needed, please. :laughing:

A quick look at the voting page and I see mostly animal or fantasy sets.

(GreenSpleen) #15

As for me personally, I spend most of my time on the voting page of Neonmob. It excites me to see potential series, upcoming artists, and fresh concepts all over the feed with almost endless scrolling options. When I star :star2: a pitch that I think is special, I eventually remove it after the series is officially published because my liked page gets flooded and slow. (There’s proof I enjoy a series if I’m collecting it anyway). Not all pitches will be your cup of tea but has chances of being approved regardless. I encourage visiting the voting page more, to be honest. You have influence on an artist rising to ‘Pro.’ It’s even cooler when fans of a particular artist return to the feed to see something new from that person and automatically star :star2: a pitch too.

3 Likes
(Sima Seal4) #16

I got into voting some time ago, and I definitely have the same habits as you. My process goes like this.

1. Log in.

2. Do you have packs? If yes, open them before trading in an unfinished series. If no, go straight to the voting section into the “new” section.

3. Does anything look good? Like it, and leave something nice! Hope that it gets past “In Progress”.

4. Trade for anything you want.

5. Leave.

Also, magnitude’s post made me laugh.

(Lonelee) #17

Love to see whats in the pipeline😊 I check the voting page every week. Looking at the likes I can see that taste is very personal😬 Embrace the diversity!

(Nick Barrett) #18

Sadly I never got into voting. I was always focused on opening free packs and finding new trades. Looking through what I had vs what I needed. The would exit the site and go back to work. OR my spreadsheet so at least it looked like I was working…

(Rjg426) #19

I check for submissions once or twice a week, but I rarely comment on them or post in the forums.

(Limikkin) #20

I tend to vote regularly. Because I like helping people, but I also want to be able to collect series that I like. And if I don’t vote, they might never get published.

Also, I hope that one day we will be able to vote in the app as well. I still miss that there.