「hana-rynn's Corner」About the Artist, Series Progress, & Feedback

(Rynn Hanna) #1

About hana-rynn:
Hello everyone! My name is Rynn Hanna and I have loved creating art since early childhood. Throughout my life, I have found many sources of inspiration for creativity, however I am particularly drawn to folklore, forests, imaginative storytelling, and music.

Though I have been creating most of my life, due to difficult circumstances I withdrew from my art (other than the occasional doodle) at the age of 16. After obtaining my GED, I worked for a couple of years before returning to school, where I primarily studied Japanese Language, Anthropology, and took art classes on the side. Last year, I graduated with a degree in International Studies, but plan to return to my studies in the near future.

Though I am not as ‘advanced’ in my technique as many of the wonderful artists I see here, I am deeply inspired by many of the series and plan to practice every day in order to reach my goals.

I prefer to work with traditional mediums, however I dabble in digital as well. I am always willing to learn new things and love experimenting!

This topic will follow where I am in the creative process as well as promote constructive criticism on my works.

I will update this thread as I make progress, as series become available for voting, and when series are published! :sunny:

:cloud: Series Submissions :cloud:

(none that are not currently in-progress)

:cloud: Pro-Series in Progress: :cloud:

:mushroom: Changelings
"Mysterious creatures dwell within the forest on the other side of the river. It is said that when the children of the neighboring village come of age, they must enter the forest and begin their quest~"

:mushroom: Omoide: Memories of Japan
"A photo-series composed of images from the bustling streets of Tokyo and serene scenery of Kyoto. Each photo will feature either a relevant memory and/or mini-lesson on Japanese culture, history, or language."

This series will feature about 50 to 100 (selected from over 1000) photos from my travels abroad.

:cloud: Currently Featured in the Following Collaborative Series: :cloud:

:mushroom: NeonMobsters are Sheeple Too

(Rynn Hanna) #2

[UPDATE: Voting for the above series is now LIVE! Click here if you would like to vote]

Changelings

Teaser description: “Mysterious creatures dwell within the forest on the other side of the river. It is said that when the children of the neighboring village come of age, they must enter the forest and begin their quest~”

History of this piece: Originally titled “Pocket Changelings”, I created this series for a digital art class back in 2012. New to digital art, I was primarily focused on learning how to use different tools while applying my love for vibrant colors and creating whimsical creatures~

My current plans for this series include adding onto the original creature-set and including some traditional hand-drawn/colored pieces as Chases/Variants. Each card will also add to the storyline for the series :sunny:

Constructive Criticism and requests/suggestions for working certain types of creatures into the series is welcome!

Links to your submissions for "easier" voting
(Rynn Hanna) #3

My mini-studio is quite makeshift as I live in an efficiency apartment with my hubby and have limited space at the moment.

My influences and inspiration tend to come from animals, folklore, fairy-tales, forests, imaginative art, books, and films (such as Studio Ghibli), nature, music, etc.

Pictured above is my bookshelf that doubles as a feeding perch and hangout for my cat when I am not using it to work on traditional artstoofs (Yes, this is technical terminology, haha :slight_smile: ). Sitting on it is a work-in-progress piece for my current series submission. Behind it (not pictured), I have a larger desk where my laptop rests along with my old-ish Wacom Bamboo tablet. :mushroom:

(Rynn Hanna) #4

My apologies for the delay and lack of updates, everyone! I’ve had a series of illnesses back to back that have halted progress a bit, but things should be back on track shortly! Thank you for your patience~ :sunny:

(Rynn Hanna) #5

New Pro-Series Proposal:

“Omoide: Memories of Japan” is a photo-series composed of images from the bustling streets of Tokyo and serene scenery of Kyoto. Each photo will feature either a relevant memory and/or mini-lesson on Japanese culture, history, or language.

After much consideration, I have decided to submit this as a pro-series proposal after discovering how little time amateur series would be available.

This series will feature about 50 to 100 (selected from over 1000) photos from my travels abroad. Based on observed collecting habits, I simply do not see many users dedicating their free-packs to such a large amateur series that would only be available for 30 days.

If you are interested in this series and would like to support it in becoming a pro-series, please vote by following this link and hitting the “like” button:

“Omoide: Memories of Japan” Pro-Series Proposal

Thank you so much for your time and support!! :smiley: :heart_exclamation:

(Rynn Hanna) #6

The responses/feedback for my newest series submission “Omoide: Memories of Japan” helped it reach the in-progress status in less than one day! Thank you everyone who “liked” the series on the vote-page and reach it’s success! It should not take too-too long to finish the series and submit it for approval.

Thank you all so much! :heart_exclamation:

(Rynn Hanna) #7

####Hello again everyone! After much delay, I have completed and submitted “Omoide: Memories of Japan” to the NeonMob team for approval! :heart_exclamation:

With that said, I have a question: For those of you who have submitted Pro-series post-summer-changes, how long does the approval process usually take? I checked the Creator Handbook and FAQs, but it seems to be old (and possibly out-of-date) information. I am quite excited and would like to know what to expect!

####Thank you so much for taking the time to check out and read my forum topic! :grin:

:mushroom:

(Mbergmaier) #8

Hi Hanna
I made a submission at the very time of the big change last year. It tooks a few weeks and due the changes they had a delay and I made some requests about the timing of my serie, but in the end they published it after about five weeks, or something like that.
good luck and I guess that the process for now should be shorter
Michael

I grabbed a pack, will be collecting!

(Rynn Hanna) #10

####Oh my goodness, I didn’t expect to be so incredibly happy, but I am in tears with joy!

####“Omoide: Memories of Japan” is now LIVE! :smiley:

####Promo Code: https://www.neonmob.com/redeem/RYNN10085

If you do not want to collect the series, I will also be collecting it and would be happy to trade with you if I have something you would like :heart: https://www.neonmob.com/collector/hanarynn

###A BIG Thank you to everyone who helped make this possible! :heart_exclamation: