EpicNes Bestiary out of print?

(Loimprevisto) #1

When the site moved to time-limited series, I had thought that the plan was to leave the old sets unchanged until all the packs were issued. I just noticed that EpicNes Beastiary went out of print today and was hoping for some clarification. Other classic sets from 2016 that I spot-checked also have expiration dates now, but they are available through 2022, 2019, 2029, and other seemingly random dates without any obvious reasons why.

Can this set be re-opened? Can we get some clarification about what is planned for the classic sets that expire?

What will happen to the unissued cards? The ERs in this set say that they have a print count of 800, but there are obviously many that will never enter circulation if we can’t open more packs.

(Joe @ NeonMob) #2

It appears to me that this set is actually out of available packs and that is why it went out of print, but I can check it out with the team when they return from holiday next week. - Joe @ NeonMob

(Loimprevisto) #3

I was keeping an eye on a few of the older sets and opening a pack every once in a while when none of the new sets caught my eye… I don’t remember this one being over 80% issued.

When I check the owners of the 300 count chases, it looks like only 200 or so have owners. Also it shows “Out of Print On Jan 1, 2019” and there are some other old sets that have expiration dates coming up for 2019 but still have a lot of packs available.

(Joe @ NeonMob) #4

Thanks for this additional information. I will bring this up with the team and see what I can find out. - Joe @ NeonMob

(Joe @ NeonMob) #5

It does appear that some series such as EpicNew Bestiary were given out of print dates but still have a significant number of packs and cards of all rarities still available. There is no time frame yet, but you can expect these series to be re-opened for collection. I will provide more information once we finalize our plans. - Joe @ NeonMob

(Sima Seal4) #7

Are there any updates/progress on this topic? Or is this in the backseat while you deal with other issues?

(Joe @ NeonMob) #8

Nope, we already figured it all out :slight_smile:

We WILL be re-opening some of these older series BUT they will only be re-opened if there are enough cards of all rarities for it to make sense for collectors (as I mentioned above). We are just slotting these into the publication schedule and you should start seeing some opened back up in March. Nope, not providing actual dates or series … everyone will just need to be surprised. I will announce when they are live again, however.

Cheers!

Joe @ NeonMob