Auto-withdraw makes trading hard to manage

(Habanero) #1

It’s really difficult to queue up trades when I have multiples of a card that I want to trade to different people at the same time.

One of these two solutions would be great:

1. Mark in my trade window any cards for which I have a pending trade.
  2. Don’t auto-withdraw my trades when one of my other trades is accepted, if I still have multiple copies of that card.

(Varactyls) #2

I’d like to see an option to choose which card number to trade. That way we could trade (e.g.) #214 to player 1 and #356 to player 2. The system would auto-withdraw only if we select the same card number in multiple trades.

(Haze) #3

I’m all for varactyls’ suggestion; let us specify which card number we are offering in trade. This would be a boon to those collectors who really like collecting prints with low collector numbers.

habanero’s second suggestion would cause problems with accidentally trading away your last copy of a card, so I don’t like the idea of preventing auto-withdrawal when a trade is accepted.

habanero’s first suggestion, to have the system mark a card as being involved in a pending trade, is not something I feel I would need, but could be a good idea. I find I don’t have much problem remembering which cards I’ve offered for trade, but I tend not to make many simultaneous trade offers.

(Naud van Dalen) #4

Marking cards that are already in a trade is also nice if multiple people made trade offers for the same card. You don’t know if a card is in multiple trades beforehand, so you have to open all your trades to check for duplicates. NeonMob uses quite a bit of RAM per tab (on Chrome at least, 200-300 MB), so you can max out your RAM if you have 20 trades. A solution to the RAM problem is to open a page like About and open trades there, so it doesn’t load many images (for example in your history feed). What NeonMob could do is only load the trade and start loading what’s beneath it only when you close the trade. Twitter does that for example. If only loads someone’s timeline after you close a tweet, but after that, when you open another tweet, the timeline stays loaded.