Anyone else's points balance increasing unexpectedly?

(Gavin569380) #1

These are the point you get from scrapping cards. mine doubled overnight from 5000 to just over 11000. Wasn’t sure if i was imagining it. Next day they had crept up again to nearly 12000. Definitely not me doing it.

Either Neonmob are removing sets on the quiet and giving me the points or someone is scrapping my cards! Any other suggestions?

(Thetoonwizard) #2

@gavin569380
Hello! Neonmob released a new update which made milestones hash out points to users who get them, so this is probably the reason why your points had such an increase. Same thing happened to me actually! I was at 3,000~ give or take, and now I’m at 30,000~ give or take.

(Gavin569380) #3

Really? So hit a milestone and get points? Nice idea. Shame i knew nothing about it! Was worried i’d been hacked!

Thanks for your reply.

(Sima Seal4) #4

Yup. Luckily i hit a milestone and found out about it, unlike how you found out. I finished a set and got like, 30K points! Points are now usable!

(Pandite) #5

Actually, I have just returned recently after a year or tvvo and i’ve hit some milestones but had 0 points. so far I have 1.3k from miles from the past 2 days but thats it. I dont think im going to get any points for my other 15 or so achievements from 3+ years ago

(Naud van Dalen) #6

I had over 2350 achievements before the update. I would be getting so many points if it was retroactive! :joy:

(Peopleschampion) #7

I wonder what’s the upper limit in points owned, like you can have 6 packs and its full, I got 100K for finishing Cube Rogue, or if you gather more points for completing more than one rarity at the same time.

(Joe @ NeonMob) #8

Points are not retroactive, just for accomplishments completed moving forward.

As far as I know, there is a very high limit on points that you can bank. After reaching this limit, you will no longer accumulate points until you spend points and are no longer at the upper limit.

Joe @ NeonMob

(Kevins) #9

Is there some way to see how you earned the points? Like a history of which milestones gave you how many points. I checked my profile when I woke up and had about 400,000 more than I did when I went to sleep.

(Sima Seal4) #10

Holy Shmokes? 400K? Just… How… I get maybe 30 K for finishing a series but I only finish one ever so often… HOW???

(Kevins) #11

I think I got it from completing both all the extremely rares and the complete set for “Word as Image”

(Sima Seal4) #12

Mhmm. I just finished Gradient Circles, got ~ 65 K.

(Joe @ NeonMob) #13

Yes but Word as Image has over 100 cards and has a higher difficulty rating which means a higher point multiplier bonus. You can check your activity feed in on the Home page to see which milestones you achieved. - Joe @ NeonMob

(Sima Seal4) #14

I am aware. Just saying that I got some stuff.

(Joe @ NeonMob) #15

Just explaining for others is all :slight_smile: - Joe @ NeonMob

(Joe @ NeonMob) #16

Answering your question: There is no upper limit to points, you can collect and save all the points you want.

What is the max amount of points?
(Naud van Dalen) #17

Technically there is a limit on points, but it’s probably in the billions.

For example 2,147,483,647 or 4,294,967,295 are limits of regular integers in SQL depending if you can go in the negatives or not, which you can’t, but Gangnam Style broke Youtube at over 2 billion even though views can’t be negative for example. The option has to be specifically selected.

I don’t know if anyone would ever reach that amount of points in their live, but many billionaires would exceed that amount in real life money. Compare the amount of points you earn per year with the amount of money you earn per year (WAY more unless you’re Jeff bezos) and maybe it’s possible to reach the limit if you collect all sets for 10 years and discard all of your cards. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can anyone calculate how many points all series (that are still available) are worth? :joy:

What is the max amount of points?
(Sima Seal4) #18

I got ~ 160 K from Finishing the base set for Chirp & Davey’s Vol. 2. Searching for dem 8 chases!
You could say I’m CHASING after them(Kill me now)

(Chess) #19

I just looked today at my points and thought that were was some mistake. I remembered having like 3k points and suddenly saw 253,612, I thought maybe NeonMob made everything increase… Also, how come I have that exact number? The points you can get are all multiple of 100…http://prntscr.com/kewaiz

(Sima Seal4) #20

Nope, you can get points down to the single digits! DEAL WITH IT, OCD, DEAL WITH IT!!!